Cricshop.com is committed to safeguarding your privacy online when purchasing from www.cricshop.com.
This policy will change from time to time so please check back to this page periodically.
- 1. The site - www.cricshop.com
Cricshop.com is an online International Cricket merchandise shop hosted and operated by Green Umbrella Sport & Leisure Ltd. Any references to cricshop.com are references to Green Umbrella Sport & Leisure Ltd.
- 3. What personal information is collected by cricshop.com and when is it collected?
The store collects information in a number of ways from users at different parts of the site. In particular, personal information is collected when users register for the site as a whole or complete a transaction. Registration is necessary in order to complete a transaction. Cricshop.com will also ask users for personal information when users enter competitions or apply for special offers, take part in research via surveys, or submit emails. Information requested will include contact details including name and e-mail address. If you contact cricshop.com, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- 4. What are cookies and log files and how does cricshop.com use them?
Cricshop.com also collects information from the site using "cookies" and "IP files".Cookies
A cookie is a message given by a web browser (which displays your chosen webpages on your computer) to a web server (which delivers the web pages to your computer). The message is stored by your browser and will be used each time you access the site which the cookie relates to. The main objective of the cookie is to identify users and to personalise their visit to the site by customising webpages (for example by welcoming a user to a site by name). For instance, if you accept a cookie on our site, you will not have to enter your password more than once, thereby saving time while on our site. If you reject the cookie, you can still use our site. Cookies can also enable cricshop.com to track and target the interests of users to enhance their experience on our site. We do not use the cookies to collect personal information.Log Files
Cricshop.com uses IP (Internet Protocol) addresses to analyse trends, administer the site, track users' movements, and to gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. All users to the Internet have an IP address, which enables networks connected to the Internet to transmit the data and messages submitted by users from one host to another and to ensure messages are understood. IP addresses are not linked to personally identifiable information and therefore the information cricshop.com produces using IP addresses does not enable individual users to be identified.
- 5. How does cricshop.com use users' personal information?
Cricshop.com will process the information that we collect from you and from your use of the site for the following purposes:
- Provision of our services;
- Administration of member and subscription records;
- To notify you about changes to our website and services;
- Record-keeping for up to six years following termination of our services to you;
- Administration of our competitions, promotions and special offers;
- Technical maintenance;
- To inform you about services which we, our partners, customers and associated companies offer;
- To work with sponsors and promoters who wish to provide targeted messages to our users;
- To work with parties and sponsors on special offers, promotions and competitions;
- Operation and enforcement of our terms and conditions and acceptable use policies (including with regard to our chat facilities, message boards and forums);
- To transfer our business to a purchaser;
- Compliance with laws and applicable regulations and orders of courts and other competent tribunals; co-operation with the police or any other government body;
- Investigation of claims that your use of our services infringes any right (including our intellectual property rights) or breaches any law, rule, regulation or order and disclosure of your contact details and usage details to the legal advisers of any person claiming that your use of our services infringes any right or breaches any law, rule, regulation or order;
- Where further development of the cricshop.com takes place in future, to provide you with a service that more closely meets your personal needs and circumstances.
In addition, cricshop.com carries out research on user demographics, interests, and behaviour based on the information provided to us directly (for example during e-commerce transactions) or from log files. The aim of this is to better understand and serve users. This research is compiled and analysed on an aggregated basis and does not enable identification of individual users.
- 6. Does anyone other than cricshop.com and Duke Marketing Ltd. collect information from the cricshop.com site?
- 7. Does cricshop.com and Duke Marketing Ltd. share user information?
Cricshop.com may disclose aggregate user information to its business partners (and those of cricshop.com) or sponsors or potential advertisers. For example, aggregated data collected in cricshop.com may be shared for the purposes of assessing the promotion. It is not possible to identify individual users from such aggregated data.
Cricshop.com may occasionally work with sponsors and partners who wish to provide targeted messages to our users. We will ask you about this when you register or at the point when we collect your information; you will be able to opt in or out of receiving such messages (see section 8). Cricshop.com will collate the information.Email-a-friend:
If you elect to use our referral service for informing a friend about our site, cricshop.com will ask you for your friend's name and email address. Cricshop.com will automatically send your friend a one-time email inviting them to visit the site. Cricshop.com will store your friend's name and email address for the sole purpose of sending this one-time email and for no other reason or use. You should only give us your friend's email address if your friend is happy for you to do so. Links:
Cricshop.com contains links to other sites. Please be aware that cricshop.com is not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites. Cricshop.com encourages users to be aware when they leave the site and to read the privacy statements of each and every web site that collects personally identifiable information.
- 8. What are your choices regarding collection, use and distribution of your personally identifiable information?
We will always either ask for your consent or give you the option to opt in to receiving offers or information from cricshop.com or its partners, either at registration or when we collect your information. In addition, at any time you can email firstname.lastname@example.org to request not to receive such offers and mailings and to have your information removed (see section 9).
- 9. What is the cricshop.com policy on allowing users to update, correct, or delete their personally identifiable information?
If you wish to update or amend the information held by cricshop.com (for example to change contact details or to alter preferences with regard to receiving mailings) please login to cricshop.com and go to 'my account' and edit your information.
To update or amend information or preferences held by a third party, for example sponsors of a competition, you will need to contact that third party. If you identify an error in the information held by cricshop.com please contact email@example.com. Cricshop.com will aim to rectify any notified error within one week of receipt of your request.
Cricshop.com registrations can be deleted or deactivated, although doing so will result in not being able to use the shop. Users should contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further instructions about deleting or deactivating a cricshop.com registration
- 10. What other security precautions should users take?
Cricshop.com recommends that users do not divulge their cricshop.com registration password to anyone. Cricshop.com and Duke Marketing Ltd will never ask users for passwords in an unsolicited phone call or in an unsolicited email. Users should also remember to log off from their cricshop.com account and close their browser window when they have finished work. This is to ensure that others cannot access your personal information and correspondence if you share a computer with someone else or are using a computer in a public place such as a library or Internet cafe.
No data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect users' personal information, cricshop.com and Duke Marketing Ltd cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information transmitted to it or from its online products or services, and users do so at their own risk. Once cricshop.com receives your transmission, it makes every effort to ensure its security on its systems.
Ultimately, you are solely responsible for keeping your passwords and/or account information secret. You should be careful and responsible whenever you are online.
- 11. Transfer of data overseas
When you give cricshop.com personal information, that information may be used by Duke Marketing Ltd in countries other than where the information was originally entered. For example, and in particular, all cricshop.com registration information is managed by Duke Marketing Ltd in the UK. It may use companies based around the world in connection with particular promotions, for example to send out special offers or competition prizes. The laws of different countries have different levels of data protection. By using cricshop.com you are consenting to transfer of your personal information abroad as described in this policy.
- 12. Children
Cricshop.com advises that children (under 18) do not register for its services or participate in its competitions and promotions.
- 13. Notification of changes